Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for travelling scholars
The pandemic continues to develop dynamically and is a cause for concern in the partners’ countries.
To this end,
- COVID-19 test is mandatory for all trip, and it is recommendable to check the regulations in terms of requirements in your host and home institutions before any trip.
- If you are from East Africa and going to Nigeria and Ethiopia, you need a Visa. However, no visa is required to enter Benin republic. Likewise, Namibians need a visa to enter South Africa and a valid passport for at least six months. There is a possibility of eVisa application on the South African Website: www.southafricavisa.com/application-form/, and Ethiopian Website: ethiopia-guide.com/.
- Moreover, the traveller must provide a valid certificate of a negative test which was obtained not more than 48-72 hours before the date of travel.
- For scholars travelling to Nigeria, online payment is required for a repeat (second) PCR test to be taken upon arrival in Nigeria. Follow this instructions:
- Once Travel Date is Certain and has been ticket has been purchased
- Visitor obtains his/her Covid 19 Test Result in Home Country
- Then visit https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng to fill the required form and generate a Barcoded Certificate
- The Certificate is then attached to travel air ticket and is presented at the airport amongst other travel documents.
- Please note that the above protocol may change or be revised/edited to suite emerging situations in the country. Therefore, a prospective visitor is advised to visit www.ncdc.gov.ng for updated protocols.