How to apply
The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
Target Group 1:
This category includes students from all partners universities as follows:
- University of Abomey-Calavi; Benin
- University of Kwazulu-Natal; South Africa
- University of Namibia; Namibia
- Jimma University; Ethiopia
- Ebonyi State University; Nigeria
Target Group 2:
All other African countries.
As soon as the call for applications is online, students or academic / administrative staff wishing to apply should send their application to:
Mrs. Lydia Sognon, email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission regulations for Doctoral and MSc Studies are to be found from prospective HEIs website. This application is for MoBreed Project scholarships only. The Scholarship application form together with other required documents should be sent as a unique PDF attachment to: eamils indicated above. You may download the MS Word version of the application form, and complete it before sending. Important also is the student proposal that should be sent together within the application as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT, preferably PDF. Otherrequired documents are listed in the application form and include:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (this document)
- Student proposal (guidelines available online)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
In order to meet the general selection requirements for MSc Mobility Grant, the applicant must have completed the first two semesters of a Master of Science course in Agronomy, Biology or any related field in his home country. Students with Genetics, Biotechnology, and plant breeding background are highly encouraged to apply.
For PhD degree applicants should hold a MSc degree in Genetics, Biotechnology, Plant breeding, Agronomy, Biology or any related fields. Students with Genetics, Biotechnology, and plan breeding background are highly encouraged to apply.
The selection among the eligible candidates will be based on their capacity to benefit from the training. The criteria used to assess these prospects are:
- quality of earlier writings by the candidate(s) and quality of other merits;
- originality, feasibility and potential contribution of the planned research to the field of interest;
- integration with a product-focused cultivar or breed development program that serves smallholder farmers;
- practical and realistic time-line;
- ability of plan to include a realistic and feasible molecular breeding techniques;
- importance and relevance of the trait(s) and germplasm to the region;
- enthusiasm of the applicant, and support of home institution;
- possibilities for the Host and Home HEIs to offer adequate supervision with respect to the planned research;
- Gender considerations.
Due to difference in the partners higher education system, specific academic arrangements will be performed to assure that scholars are admitted in the right program and can make benefit of the mobility programme. These arrangements will be fixed on a case-by-case basis between the host HEI and Coordinating Institution.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Lydia Sognon, email@example.com, International Cooperation Office, University of Abomey-Calavi, Republic of Benin. Contacts of HEIs representative are available on www.mobreed.com